There are two types of people in this world: those who love mushrooms, and those who hate them. If you are a lover of the fungi, then try this flavorful and robust Mushroom Lasagna recipe. The mushroom and white sauces are packed with rich ingredients. There also is a cherry tomato sauce that adds a sweet layer to the savory and salty layers of this dish. Top with Gruyere or Mozzarella for a decadent dinner.
- 60 grams butter
- 60 grams flour
- milk (50 cl.)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 3 onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package fresh mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 300 grams ground beef
- 300 grams tomato sauce (cherry)
- pasta dough
- grated Gruyère cheese (or mozzarella)
- White Sauce Preparation:
- In a saucepan on low heat, add butter and flour. Stir until the flour browns slightly.
- Add milk, nutmeg, salt, and pepper and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Mushroom Sauce Preparation
- Peel and slice the onions.
- Peel and dice the garlic cloves.
- Finely chop the parsley.
- Heat olive oil in the wok.
- Add onions, garlic, and parsley and stir.
- Stir in the ground beef and tomato sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Cut the sheets of dough the size of the baking dish.
- Grease the baking dish with olive oil.
- Add a layer of pasta.
- Add a layer of mushroom sauce.
- Add a layer of white sauce.
- Repeat this process twice.
- Add a layer of grated cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.