Musakhkhan- Chicken With Flat Bread and Sumac- مسخن فلسطينيFOODISTA
- 2 cut up chickens (into four or six pieces)
- 2 cups virgin olive oil
- 8 diced onions (large)
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts (for garnishing- fried or raw)
- 4 tablespoons sumac
- 4 bread (Taboon, . If not found, use any flat bread of your choice. I used Iranian <)
- Prepare the chicken for cooking by washing, cleaning .Adding lemon juice and olive oil to the chicken keeps it smelling nice.
- Sauté couple of medium diced onion, add the chicken. Add enough water to cover the chicken, cardamom and salt. Boil over high heat and then let simmer until the chicken is fully done.
- Add 2 cups of olive oil to a casserole and cook the diced onions until translucent, this takes about 25-35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the sumac to the onions and cook for 2 minutes to mix. Do not overcook the onions, you do not want them burnt and you do not want them mushy...they should hold their shape nicely.