- 200 grams rye flour
- 100 grams spelt flour
- 75 grams spelt flour (whole)
- 50 grams oat flakes
- 25 grams rye flakes
- 50 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 375 milliliters buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 cups raw almonds (skins removed)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- For the bread: In a bowl, combine the first 9 ingredients.
- Make a well in the center and add the buttermilk, egg and molasses. Stir well.
- Dough will be sticky. Place in a lightly greased loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 30-40 minutes or until there is a hollow sound when bottom of loaf is tapped.
- For the almond butter: Place almonds on a baking sheet and toast in a 180°C oven for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely. Place almonds in a food processor and process for 1 minute.
- Add the oil, salt, cinnamon and cocoa powder and process for another 8-10 minutes, scraping sides from time to time, until a smooth butter forms.
- For a thinner butter, use more oil. Stir in honey and place in an air-tight jar. Refrigerate for up to 4 weeks.