Multi-Seed Danish BunsOn dine chez Nanou
If you want a delicious a bold bun to pair with your meal, they why not try this recipe for Multi-Seeds Danish Buns. The buns and packed with seeds and oats, so they are hearty and healthy. These buns are perfect paired with a savory soup, saucy pasta or a fresh salad. You have to let the dough rise at least for an hour, so make sure you have time to prepare them.
- 75 grams flaxseed
- 75 grams sesame seeds
- 2 deciliters hot water
- 50 grams yeast
- 3 deciliters buttermilk
- 50 grams brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 200 grams oatmeal
- 350 grams wheat flour
- 1 egg yolks (to brush)
- 1Put the flax seeds and sesame seeds in a bowl, add hot water and let soak for about 30 minutes.
- 2Dissolve the yeast in the buttermilk.
- 3In the food processor bowl, add yeast and milk mixture, brown sugar, salt, oatmeal, and wheat flour.
- 4Knead for about 5 minutes on medium speed.
- 5Let rise, covered with a damp cloth, for 1 hour in a warm place.
- 6Put the dough on a floured surface, knead, and divide into 12 balls.
- 7Alternatively, roll out the dough slightly thick, and cut 12 rounds or other shapes with a cookie cutter.
- 8Let rise for about 20 minutes.
- 9Preheat oven to 400F.
- 10Mix the egg yolk with a little milk.
- 11Brush rolls with the mixture and coat with the seed mixture.
- 12Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes depending on the size of the buns.