- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons whole grain spelt
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 5 tablespoons salted butter (melted)
- Add first eight ingredients to Bowl of KitchenAid® Artisan Stand Mixer. Attach Bowl and Flat Beater to Mixer. Turn to Speed 3 and mix 1 minute.
- Mix yeast, water and honey in bowl. Let stand 10 minutes or until frothy.
- Turn Mixer to Speed 3 and add yeast mixture and butter; mix until just incorporated. Remove Flat Beater and attach Dough Hook. Turn to Speed 4 and knead 7 minutes. Place dough in large, lightly greased bowl; turn once to grease surface. Cover and let rise in warm place 2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Grease and flour two 9x5-inch loaf pans. Punch down dough and divide in half. Roll each dough piece into oblong 8-inch log. Place logs in prepared pans. Cover and let rise in warm place 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake loaves 40 minutes. Remove from pans.Cool on wire rack 40 minutes.