A delicate and cloud like muffin that impeccably blends together zesty and spicy flavors. Although the idea of rum in anything is always the beginning of something magnificent, this case, it’s purpose it to solely add flavor to the batter and keep it moist during the baking process. The lemon’s tangy is the real star of this muffin. The strength of fresh lemon will shine through the subtle spongy muffin.
- 3 limes (small, juiced and zested)
- 1 rum
- 120 grams sugar
- 120 grams butter
- 140 grams flour
- 1 packet yeast
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 340 °F.
- Take the zest of two lime and cut it finely.
- Squeeze the juice from the limes.
- Mix the softened butter with the sugar on low speed with a stand mixer.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs then add them to the butter sugar mixture. Mix.
- Add lemon juice, flour and yeast.
- Set speed level to 3 and mix until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the zest of a lime and rum.
- Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into muffin cups.
- Bake for 40 minutes.