- 2 1/4 pounds small new potatoes (halved)
- 1 pound white asparagus (green and)
- 1/3 pound serrano ham (sliced)
- 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 13 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 roll (day-old bread, soaked in water for 5-10 mins then water squeezed out)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon English mustard
- 1 onion (finely diced)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound mozzarella (cut into 12 slices)
- 1 tablespoon blanched almonds (toasted and finely chopped)
- 5 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 pinch granulated sugar
- 2 lemons (2 zested, 1 juiced)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Cook the potatoes in salted, boiling water for 12-15 mins, until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Meanwhile, cook the green and white asparagus in a separate pots of salted boiling water for 6-8 mins then drain and rinse under cold water.
- Toss the potatoes, white and green asparagus, ham, and tomatoes with 3 tbsp oil then spread onto a baking tray and season. Bake for 20-25 mins until golden.
- Mix the bread, 1/2 the parsley, the mustard, onion, egg and ground beef and season. Form into 12 meatballs. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large frying pan, add the meatballs and sear for 12-15 mins, turning. Place the meatballs in a baking dish and top each one with mozzarella. Bake for 4-5 mins until the cheese melts.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven then toss with the chopped almonds, vinegar, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and remaining oil and parsley. Season.
- Divide the meatballs and warm asparagus and potato salad between 6 plates and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories850Calories from Fat530|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat530|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.