Mozzarella Bruschetta with Spinach and ChickenO Meu Tempero
Bruschetta just might be the original "toast" that has become all the rage lately. This traditonal Italian starter is certainly the most popular iteration of the theme, whereby savory toppings are piled on bread that's preferably rubbed or otherwise flavored with garlic. Here that means spreading minced garlic over the toasts while still warm before topping with mozzarella, spinach, and ham (or other deli meats). Bruschetta are always appropriate with cocktails but can be part of a meal with soup or salad alongside.
- 2 slices seeded bread
- 1 mozzarella balls
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 6 slices chicken (lunchmeat, from the deli)
- 1 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 150°C (approximately 300°F).
- 2Brush bread slices with olive oil on both sides and sprinkle with oregano.
- 3Place bread in the oven and toast on both sides.
- 4Mince garlic and spread on bread.
- 5Place sliced mozzarella, fresh spinach and thin slices of chicken on top of each slice of bread.
- 6To serve, sprinkle with oregano and drizzle with olive oil.
- 7For a light dinner, serve with soup, if desired.