- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite size pieces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- marinade (Orange chicken)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- red bell pepper (Chopped, cut into tiny pieces)
- green onion (thinly sliced)
- red pepper flakes (to taste)
PER SERVING *
|Calories460Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Ivone R. 6 May
I added light corn syrup and mandarin rind, it was excellent!
LINDA CHRISTOPHER 4 Nov 2017
Good needed a little more orange flavor
Haley 28 Jun 2017
It was a bit sticky but very delicious!
Barney P. 16 Oct 2016
This is not very good orange chicken it doesn't come out looking anything like the picture I'll never make it again EVER
Shadi M. 21 Apr 2016
Absolutely awful. First, the orange chicken in the picture is clearly fried. This recipe is a so-called "healthy" version. Second, the resulting chicken tastes like window cleaner. Do not make this.
Linda C. 25 Dec 2015
Merry Christmas, and Happy New year, to you and your. I did make this dish, the other day. It was, missing something, It was kind of blaugh. but the chicken was good. need to a something, to spice it up.
Paula D. 3 Nov 2015
Recipe fail! Tasted OK but didn't look anything like the picture... No crunch at all. Followed directions
Leslie A. 22 Oct 2015
I also followed this recipe completely and the results were pretty awesome considering this is a homemade orange chicken recipe. When the recipe states that the sauce will thicken, it does in fact thicken despite all the juice you need. It turned out to be really tasty, somewhat sweet and a tiny bit spicy, but definitely fun and worth trying. The chicken chunks don't look EXACTLY like the picture, but this recipe comes very close. If you enjoy cooking at home, you'll enjoy this recipe!
Michelle G. 9 Sep 2015
I followed the recipe to the letter. Didn't turn out anything like the picture. Would recommend do not try.