- 2 medium potatoes (pricked with a fork)
- 1 eggplant (large, cut into 1/4 inch slices)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion (medium, finely chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (medium, finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup tomato purée
- 13 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 1/2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 3 ounces feta cheese (crumbled)
- 5 ounces low fat ricotta cheese
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- mixed greens (to serve)
- Microwave potatoes on HIGH (100%) for 4-5 mins, or until just tender. Let cool. Peel and slice.
- Preheat broiler. Place eggplant slices on a large, foil-lined baking tray and lightly coat with oil. Broil for 4 mins. Flip over and broil for another 4 mins, or until tender.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a large baking dish with oil. Heat vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins, or until soft. Add red bell pepper, oregano, allspice, tomato purée, tomatoes and stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins, or until mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat and add spinach.
- Arrange 1/2 the eggplant in prepared dish. Pour 1/2 the tomato sauce over top and sprinkle with 1/2 the feta. Top with potatoes. Repeat layering. Combine ricotta and egg then spread over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake for 30 mins, or until golden. Let cool for 10 mins. Serve with mixed greens.
|Calories230Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.