Mouhalabieh (Lebanese Milk Flan)Casseroles et claviers
This Lebanese dessert is super simple, requiring less than ten ingredients and 40 minutes. The delicate milk flan is lightly flavored with orange flower water, which is then topped with vibrant and crunchy pistachios. This dessert can be made in advance then served after dinner with little fuss. If you are not a fan of orange blossom, you can try this dessert with rose water instead.
- 1 liter milk
- 80 grams corn flour
- 120 grams powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange flower water
- unsalted pistachios (coarsely chopped)
- water (15 cl.)
- 250 grams sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange flower water
- 1Dilute cornstarch in cold milk whisking well to avoid lumps.
- 2Heat the mixture in a saucepan over low heat. When the mixture begins to thicken, add the sugar and orange flower water, stirring constantly. Boil for one minute then remove from heat. Pour the mixture into individual ramekins.
- 3When the mixture is completely cooled, refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- 4In a saucepan, bring to boil water, sugar, lemon juice, and orange flower water. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes (This syrup can be stored in an airtight container for up to week).
- 5To serve, sprinkle flan with pistachios, and drizzle with syrup.
- 6You can also replace the orange blossom water with rose water. In that case, do not add rose water to the syrup.
PER SERVING *
|Calories610Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.