Mortadella and Cream Cheese SpiralsL'Antro dell'Alchimista
Tender turkey medallons are lined with mortadella and Montasio cheese; then, they're wrapped in bacon, tightly sealed and seasoned with a mixture of dried herbs. Cooked in the slow cooker in a mixture of olive oil and red wine, the parcels are best served atop a mound of mashed potatoes. Build in an extra layer of flavor by browning the meat before cooking it slow and low.
- 1 sheet pastry dough (puff)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (package)
- 100 grams mortadella (cut in very thin slices, may substitute any cold cut you prefer: salami, speck, ham, etc.)
- 1Preheat the oven to 190C.
- 2Roll out the puff pastry dough.
- 3Spread the entire surface with the cream cheese.
- 4Place the mortadella slices on top.
- 5Roll up the dough into a loaf.
- 6Cut the loaf into slices 1 centimeter in thickness.
- 7Place the slices on a wax paper lined baking sheet.
- 8Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until the spirals are golden in color.
- 9Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let cool.