Moroccan-style Pepper SaladCASSEROLES ET CLAVIERS
Peppers, onions, and tomatoes are the base for this flavorful salad which is inspired by the delicious flavors of Morocco. Cilantro, mint, and lemon all play an important part making this dish a recipe to love. This is great when paired with a bunch of fresh vegetables, a piece of lean protein, or even as the topping for a salad. One creative way to use this delicious pepper salad is as a topping for sandwiches.
- 3 red peppers
- 1 pepper (green capsicum)
- 1 onion (large)
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 bunch coriander
- 1/2 bunch mint
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 cayenne pepper (powder)
- 1 cumin
- olive oil
- Grill the skin off the green and red peppers in the oven. Turn over regularly. Once the skin has darkened, let cool. Peel off the skin, and cut in half lengthwise. Remove the stem and the seeds.
- Meanwhile, boil water in a saucepan. Remove the stems from the tomatoes and make a cross shaped incision on the bottom of each tomato. Immerse each tomato in boiling water for about 20 seconds, remove, and place under cold water. Peel skin off, cut in half, and remove seeds.
- Cut the peppers, tomatoes and onion into thin strips. In a frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil, add onion and gently fry until tender. Add peppers, tomatos, onion, and the crushed garlic. Simmer for about an hour on low heat, stirring regularly. Then add the lemon zest and lemon juice, ground black pepper, cumin, and finely the chopped herbs. Cook it for another ten minutes. Should not be juicy. Season with salt to taste.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories160Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes