Pork shoulder is cooked low and slow in this Moroccan-inspired dish. Serve over cooked couscous and with a large spinach salad.
- 5 pounds boneless blade pork roast
- 2 sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into wedges)
- 8 ounces sweet pepper (baby, OR coarsely chopped and seeded sweet bell peppers)
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (mix, with apricots, plums and raisins)
- 15 ounces coconut milk (lite)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- couscous (Cooked, optional)
- Trim visible fat from roast. Drizzle roast with soy sauce and rub all sides with curry. Brown roast in hot olive oil in a Dutch oven. Add remaining ingredients around the roast, cover with lid and place in a 350 degree F oven for 1 1/2-2 hours or until roast and potatoes are tender.
- Transfer roast and vegetables to a serving platter. Return pan with sauce to stove top and bring to a boil, cook for about 5 minutes or until thickened slightly. Coarsely shred meat and serve with sweet potatoes and peppers and sauce. Serve over cooked couscous, if desired.
Felicia O. 14 Jan
Excellent and easy!!!
Diya Condes 10 Aug 2018
I left out the dried fruit. I would have liked it a bit more spicy, but that's just how I am. I was worried about the combination of orange juice and coconut cream BUT found I had nothing to worry about. It was rich, tangy and sweet. Husband and I loved it.