Pork shoulder is cooked low and slow in this Moroccan-inspired dish. Serve over cooked couscous and with a large spinach salad.
- 5 pounds boneless blade pork roast
- 2 sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into wedges)
- 8 ounces sweet pepper (baby, OR coarsely chopped and seeded sweet bell peppers)
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (mix, with apricots, plums and raisins)
- 15 ounces coconut milk (lite)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- couscous (Cooked, optional)
- Trim visible fat from roast. Drizzle roast with soy sauce and rub all sides with curry. Brown roast in hot olive oil in a Dutch oven. Add remaining ingredients around the roast, cover with lid and place in a 350 degree F oven for 1 1/2-2 hours or until roast and potatoes are tender.
- Transfer roast and vegetables to a serving platter. Return pan with sauce to stove top and bring to a boil, cook for about 5 minutes or until thickened slightly. Coarsely shred meat and serve with sweet potatoes and peppers and sauce. Serve over cooked couscous, if desired.