Moroccan PancakesOn dine chez Nanou
Pancakes are a perfect way to start the day. And if you want a different twist on this treat, then try this recipe for Moroccan Pancakes. It takes 50 minutes to prepare these sweet and hearty cakes. Ingredients include flour, yeast, salt, tepid water, melted butter, peanut oil, and honey. If you want to surprise your family with something sweet and delicious, then get up early and prepare these dreamy cakes for a special breakfast in bed.
- 500 grams flour
- 1/4 teaspoon yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 liter water (tepid)
- 50 grams melted butter
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- honey (for serving)
- 1Pour the flour into a mixing bowl.
- 2Add the yeast, salt, and tepid water.
- 3Knead for about 15 minutes, until you get a firm and elastic dough. Add a little extra water to achieve desired consistency.
- 4Divide the dough into balls 12 centimeters in diameter. Let them stand for about 15 minutes.
- 5Mix the butter and oil together.
- 6Roll out each ball with a rolling pin on a surface lightly coated with some of the oil/butter mixture.
- 7Form rectangles of about 30 centimeters by 20 centimeters. The dough should be very thin.
- 8Fold the rectangles in half widthwise, and divide each rectangle into three squares.
- 9Fold the two side squares onto the central square. Flatten the dough squares with the palm of your hand.
- 10Coat each square with the oil/butter mixture.
- 11Cook each crepe on both sides for about 10 to 15 minutes in a frying pan coated with the rest of the oil/butter mixture.
- 12Serve pancakes warm with honey.
PER SERVING *
|Calories250Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.