- 700 grams ground beef
- 1 onions (chopped)
- 1 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 zucchini (small)
- 4 eggs
- cilantro (for garnish)
- In a large bowl, mix the ground meat with the onion, garlic, and parsley.
- Shape into small meat balls.
- Put the tomatoes in a tajine dish or a stew pot on low heat.
- Add the cumin, paprika, a pinch of cinnamon, tomato paste, salt, and pepper. Cook tomatoes on low heat.
- Cut the zuccini into thin slices, then add to the tomatoes.
- Add the kofta meatballs to tomato sauce and cook.
- Break the eggs on top of the kofta balls.
- Let the tajine cook for 5 more minutes.
- When cooked, sprinkle with chopped cilantro and cumin.
- Serve the koftas tagine hot.