Soups are meant to be sipped and savored. This Moroccan Inspired Fish Soup takes 60 minutes to prepare, is only 360 calories per serving, and is perfect on a cold winter day. This rich and decadent recipe combines spicy peppers with sweet seafood an…
aromatic spices for a hearty dish everyone will love. Get ready to drift away to savory bliss. We think you will love this recipe as much as we do.
- 1 red bell pepper
- olive oil
- 1 red chili pepper (small, diced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 garlic cloves (diced)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 teaspoons harissa
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1.5 liters fish stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 0.5 kilograms white fish (firm, thickly chunked)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (diced)
- 200 grams clams (frozen without their shell)
- 1 cup pre cooked couscous
- Roast the red bell pepper until the oven’s broiler turning frequently until all sides are black. Cool, peel, and cut into thin strips.
- Heat up some olive oil in a Dutch oven and add in chili pepper and onion. Once softened, add the cumin and garlic. Stir everything together.
- Then add the tomato paste, harissa, crushed tomatoes, and fish stock.
- Bring to the boil and add in the bay leaves and fish. Simmer 5 minutes on low heat.
- If you purchased whole fish, at this point, remove the fish and separate the meat from the bones. If you purchased filets, remove them.
- Also remove the bay leaves.
- Add in 2/3 of the fresh cilantro and blend the soup up.
- Return the soup to the heat and add in the clams, couscous, and the fish and red bell peppers you previously prepared. Cook until everything has heated up.
- Serve the soup with the remaining 1/3 of fresh cilantro sprinkled on top.
|Calories360Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.