Moroccan Inspired Fish SoupLa Cocina de Babel
Soups are meant to be sipped and savored. This Moroccan Inspired Fish Soup takes 60 minutes to prepare, is only 360 calories per serving, and is perfect on a cold winter day. This rich and decadent recipe combines spicy peppers with sweet seafood and aromatic spices for a hearty dish everyone will love. Get ready to drift away to savory bliss. We think you will love this recipe as much as we do.
- 1 red bell pepper
- olive oil
- 1 red chili peppers (small, diced)
- 1 onions (diced)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 garlic cloves (diced)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 teaspoons harissa
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 liters fish stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 kilogram whitefish (firm, thickly chunked)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (diced)
- 200 grams clams (frozen without their shell)
- 1 cup precooked couscous
- 1Roast the red bell pepper until the oven’s broiler turning frequently until all sides are black. Cool, peel, and cut into thin strips.
- 2Heat up some olive oil in a Dutch oven and add in chili pepper and onion. Once softened, add the cumin and garlic. Stir everything together.
- 3Then add the tomato paste, harissa, crushed tomatoes, and fish stock.
- 4Bring to the boil and add in the bay leaves and fish. Simmer 5 minutes on low heat.
- 5If you purchased whole fish, at this point, remove the fish and separate the meat from the bones. If you purchased filets, remove them.
- 6Also remove the bay leaves.
- 7Add in 2/3 of the fresh cilantro and blend the soup up.
- 8Return the soup to the heat and add in the clams, couscous, and the fish and red bell peppers you previously prepared. Cook until everything has heated up.
- 9Serve the soup with the remaining 1/3 of fresh cilantro sprinkled on top.
PER SERVING *
|Calories360Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.