- 1 whole chicken (skin removed and cut into pieces)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped or pressed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ras el hanout
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads (crumbled)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 tomatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 15 ounces canned chickpeas (or cooked)
|Calories190Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
David k. 2 months ago
This is excellent. My wife wants to have this once a week. Easy and forgiving if you have to improvise a bit.
Jo LeRoy 3 months ago
Delicious! Amazing combination of flavors; will try with just chicken thighs next time. I’m looking forward to making this again.
Callison 8 months ago
I added butternut squash instead of the dried fruit but you can really make it your own. It’s a simple, healthy dish with lots of flavor.
CK 10 months ago
Was absolutely Delicious!
Elise Woolliams a year ago
Delicious, full of flavour, and super easy to make! Made it in a crock pot and served it with rice. Even making the special Moroccan spice was really easy. Will definitely make this again.
Lil C. 3 years ago
Easy to cook dish even if you don't have a tagine pot. You can use a normal pot or slow cooker, no problem at all. My family loves the dish and I will cook this dish at least one a month.