Braised tender beef intensely flavored with Moroccan spices, delivers the warm, sweet-savory flavors of Morocco.
- 400 grams topside steak (trimmed, cut into 4 cm strips)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 carrot (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 red chilli (small dried, finely sliced)
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 150 milliliters beef broth
- 200 grams pumpkin (cleaned, cut into cubes)
- 400 grams chopped tomatoes (from a can)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (and coriander, chopped)
- In a pressure cooker pan, heat the olive oil. Sauté beef strips for 2-3 minutes on both sides until golden brown. Remove the meat with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the onion, carrot, garlic, cranberries, chilli, coriander, cumin, turmeric and cinnamon to the pan and sauté for 2 minutes until onion is soft.
- Return the beef to the pan, sprinkle with flour and black pepper. Add pumpkin, tomatoes and beef broth, stir and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat, cover and lock lid on pressure cooker. When pressure is reached, turn heat down to low. Continue cooking for 15 minutes. Remove from flame and release pressure naturally.
- Serve on hot couscous and sprinkle with the chopped parsley and coriander.
|Calories250Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.