- 2 pounds white fish (fillets of firm, such as halibut, swordfish, or cod, rinsed in cold water, pin bones removed, cut into large portions)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- ground black pepper (Freshly)
- olive oil
- 1 cup spring onion (chopped, or 1 medium yellow onion, chopped or sliced)
- 1/4 cup greens (green onion, chopped)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (yellow and 1/2, seeded, de-stemmed, chopped, or sliced)
- sliced tomatoes (or 2 cups chopped)
- 1 tablespoon paprika (Hungarian sweet)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch cilantro (chopped with some set aside for garnish)
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water (check your rice package for the appropriate ratio of liquid to rice for the type of rice you are using)
- 1 teaspoon salt
|Calories810Calories from Fat420|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat420|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Rosa W. 18 days ago
Delicious and so simple to make. I added shrimp to it.
Al b. 7 Jan
Lovely. Used coconut drink in stead of milk to reduce unhealthy fat. Used cod and served with rice as suggested with onion. Used 4 tomatoes, 2 paprika's, 4 spring onion and 1 onion in rice.
Eleena Rieger 21 Oct 2018
This dish was delicious. The coconut milk makes it very rich so I'd suggest adding chicken broth and tomato paste to dilute it
Beverly Lundberg 30 May 2018
Excellent! Will definitely make again.
Julianne H. 16 May 2018
This is perfect, I usually change recipes a bit but follow this one exactly and love the result!
Danny Still 14 Mar 2018
Sometimes a few missing ingredients can reduce a home run to just a trip to second base. My substitutions (beans for capsicum and powdered for fresh cilantro), plus an overly tough fish left me underwhelmed - but the rice and sauce worked really well. I’m sure with a little more care sourcing ingredients, this’ll come up a winner. I’ll try again and re-rate!
Tyshira Spencer 13 Mar 2018
Awesome I followed the directions exactly since I did not know what it was supposed to taste like but next time I know what i will modify
Seonagh O. 8 Jan 2018
Yum. But I always use the recipe as a guide and add way more garlic,spices to taste 😊
Olga I. 22 Jun 2017
It's our best seafood soup by far, making it monthly if not more often.
Ashley B. 21 Mar 2017
Absolutely amazing. It simply melts in my mouth. The complexity of the flavor makes this dish so satisfying! The only thing I recommend is to cook the stew longer than 15 min in the final stage. I left it on medium, not simmer.
Dan Gruzman 18 Dec 2016
Excellent stew with a complex flavor profile, though I added five new potatoes (diced) and a can of red beans to the mix for substance