- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup moonshine (Basil-lemon)
- 1 cup grenadine
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 8 cups sparkling water
- Process first 3 ingredients in a blender about 20 seconds or until herbs are minced. Stir together moonshine, next 2 ingredients and sugar mixture in a pitcher until sugar dissolves. Gently stir in sparkling water. Serve immediately over ice.
- Basil Lemon Moonshine (Southern Living) Makes 1 qt Total: 25 min Cook ¼ cup sugar and 3 tbsp water in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Cool 10 minutes. Stir in 3 cups shredded basil, 1 (750ml) bottle moonshine, and 2 2x1 lemon peel strips. Chill up to 2 months.