A classic grilled sandwich sure to become a favorite in your household. Serve with vinegar coleslaw and potato chips.
- 8 ounces ham (thinly sliced)
- 4 ounces swiss cheese (sliced)
- 8 slices french bread (OR Vienna bread, 1/2-inch thick)
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- For each sandwich, place 2 ounces ham and 1 ounce cheese between 2 slices of bread. Beat together eggs and milk in medium bowl; dip sandwiches in egg mixture, turning carefully.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-low heat; grill sandwiches 8-10 minutes; turn and continue cooking until cheese is melted and both sides are golden.