If you want a flavorful and fun soup to share with loved ones after a long day outside in the cold, then try this recipe for Monochrome Red Soup, which combines hearty beetroot and leeks with sprouted quinoa and spices. This decadent dish is easy to make, doesn't take long, and is packed with nutrients. It is the perfect pairing for a hearty meat dish. Or if you want a lighter dinner, it also pairs well with a vegetable-packed salad.
- 350 grams beets
- 2 leeks
- 100 grams quinoa (tri-color sprouted)
- ground black pepper
- Espelette Dukkah pepper (dukkah)
- Clean and peel the beetroots.
- Wash and slice the leeks.
- Grate the beetroots and place in a saucepan of cold salted water. Bring to a boil.
- Add the leeks and continue cooking.
- When the water starts boiling again, add the quinoa, and cook until tender and plump (f necessary, add more water).
- Adjust the seasoning.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle some dukkah espelette pepper over the soup.