Make your very own seafood cannelloni with this recipe for Monkfish and Shrimp Cannelloni. The cannelloni are filled with a creamy monkfish and shrimp mixture that features leeks, garlic, and onions. Rolled into the cannelloni sheets, these Monkfish and Shrimp Cannelloni are then covered in a creamy bechamel sauce and grated parmesan and baked until golden and melty. Use frozen monkfish tails for ease and to save yourself some expense. Make sure the shrimp are deveined. Total bake and prep time is 70 minutes.
- 500 grams shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove (peeled and minced)
- 1 onion (peeled and minced)
- 1 leek (minced)
- 3 monkfish (tails)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 18 cannelloni (sheets, plus additional sheets as needed)
- parmesan cheese (grated)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius..
- Saute the shrimp tails in the oil on medium heat for about 5 minutes. Remove the tails from the oil and discard them.
- In the same pan, saute the garlic, onion, and leek for 5 minutes.
- Dice the shrimp and monkfish tails and add to the pan. Cook for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Add the flour and mix well. Cook for a couple of minutes, and then add some milk until the filling has a creamy texture. Let the filling cool for 15 minutes.
- Cook the cannelloni sheets following the instructions in the package. Once cooked, place in a clean kitchen rag to absorb the excess water.
- Add the filling to the cannelloni sheets and carefully roll.
- Make a very light bechamel sauce for the cannelloni. Cover the bottom of a baking pan with it and place the cannelloni on top.
- Cover with more bechamel sauce and grated Parmesan cheese. Bake until the cheese melts. Serve warm.