Monkfish and Shrimp AçordaHoje para Jantar
Acorda is a popular Portuguese soup that is made from a base of bread and garlic. In this version, the soup is made with monkfish and shrimp for a filling and delicious meal. This soup is bursting with bold flavors, from tomatoes to a collection of herbs such as thyme, parsley, and cilantro. Serve the soup with a small salad on the side for a complete and filling meal.
- 1 monkfish fillets
- 1/2 red pepper
- 4 loaves day old bread
- 1 onions
- 2 tomatoes (ripe)
- peeled shrimp (to taste)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 can cream of seafood soup
- 2 eggs
- olive oil
- 1 sprig cilantro
- 1 sprig parsley
- 1/2 cup dried thyme
- 1 cup herbs (coffee, provence)
- salt (and piri-piri, to taste)
- 1Heat 1 l of water in a saucepan. Dissolve the seafood cream in a little water and add to the hot water, stirring until well blended. Cook the monkfish for 5 minutes and then chop.
- 2Break the loaves into pieces and add to the seafood cream. Cover and let soften.
- 3Chop the onion and add to a pot and saute with a drizzle of olive oil. Add chopped garlic.
- 4Boil the tomatoes, then remove the skin and seeds. Cut to pieces and add to the onions. Add bay leaf, cover and cook over low heat. Season with the parsley, the thyme, the herbs of provence and a pinch of salt.
- 5Add the peeled shrimp and turn off the stove.
- 6Remove the bread with a skimmer and add to the onion mixture. Add the chopped monkfish, stir well to wrap everything in and season the seasoning.
- 7Finally, beat the eggs and toss them together in the onion mixture, stirring well to combine and cook the eggs.
- 8Remove the pan from the stove and serve immediately sprinkled with cilantro.