This Monkfish Rice recipe is a complete meal in one pan. Combining fresh monkfish and prawns with plenty of veggies and deliciously seasoned rice, this meal is a great option for a wintertime dinner. Made easily in one pan, this dish boasts the flavors of garlic, chili pepper, and fresh coriander. The addition of the ingredients in stages allows for the most flavor to be released. Ready in just a little over an hour, this seafood rice dish is a hearty option that the family will love.
- 1 kilogram monkfish loins (cleaned)
- salt (to taste)
- 1 lemon
- 300 grams prawns (frozen)
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red pepper (large, thinly sliced)
- 250 grams tomatoes (peeled, seeded, and diced)
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 cloves garlic
- 400 grams rice
- 1 bunch fresh coriander (chopped)
- 1 chili peppers
- Cut the monkfish into to small cubes season with salt and lemon juice. Put aside.
- Peel the prawns and put aside.
- Boil the monkfish spines and prawn shells in 2 liters of water to make a fish broth. Strain.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan on medium-high heat and sautee the peppers, diced tomato, and onion.
- Turn the temperature down and add the white wine. Let simmer.
- Add the chopped garlic. Once the garlic browns, add the fish stock and prawns.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and let it boil for 15 minutes.
- Add the rice and let the mixture cook for 16 more minutes over slow heat.
- When the rice is almost done, add the fish.
- Boil for 5 to 6 more minutes.
- Season with salt and chili to taste.
- Just before serving, sprinkle chopped coriander on top.
PER SERVING *
|Calories790Calories from Fat500|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat500|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.