Sweet and savory meet hearty and healthy in this Lobster in a Chili Coriander Sauce. With only 80 calories per serving, you don’t have to feel guilty for asking for seconds. This dish not only combines the sweetness of the buttery lobster meat, it also has sun-dried tomatoes and peppers of your choice. Add the savory flavors of soy sauce, garlic and saffron and coriander, all served over rice for a show-stopping meal that will sure to please.
- 300 grams monkfish (cheeks, or lobster meat)
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 stalk cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 pepper (cut into strips)
- 1 strip sundried tomato (in olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 50 milliliters chicken broth
- 1 pinch saffron (and coriander spice mix)
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- Gently coat the monkfish cheeks or lobster meat on all sides with cornmeal.
- Fry the monkfish in olive oil until they are a light golden brown.
- Place them over a dry cloth or paper towel to drain some of the grease.
- Place the garlic and cilantro in the same pan in which the cheeks were fried. Add the pepper and the sundried tomato and cook for several minutes.
- Then add the soy sauce, sugar, and chicken broth, then season with the saffron and coriander spice mix and the ground pepper, stirring occasionally.
- Finally, add the monkfish cheeks and stir them into the mix.
- Garnish with extra cilantro and serve immediately with white rice.
PER SERVING *
|Calories80Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.