- 1/4 ounce active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed (ground toasted)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup salted butter (melted)
- 4 ounces sausage links (fresh Italian, removed from)
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup salted butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- Mix yeast and water in small bowl. Let stand 10 minutes or until frothy.
- Combine flours, sugar, fennel and salt in Bowl of KitchenAid® Artisan Stand Mixer. Attach Bowl and Flat Beater to Mixer. Turn to Speed 3 and mix 1 minute or until combined.
- Continuing on Speed 3, add yeast mixture and 1/4 cup melted butter; mix until just incorporated. Remove Flat Beater and attach Dough Hook. Turn to Speed 4 and knead 7 minutes. Place dough in large, lightly greased bowl; turn once to grease surface. Cover and let rise in warm place 2 hours or until doubled in size. Wash and dry bowl and beater.