This simple rice dish comes together quickly for a flavorful and hearty side dish. The rice is lightly seasoned with garlic and bay leaf for a savory flavor. Broccoli rabe is cooked right with the rice, which means this dish comes together in just one pan. You can serve this with swordfish or another protein of your choice. If you cannot find broccoli rabe, try this simple recipe with cabbage or a hearty green, such as kale or turnip greens.
- 1 bunch turnip greens
- 1 1/2 cups Carolino (" rice, approx. 200ml)
- 3 cups hot water
- 1 laurel leaf
- 1 clove garlic
- olive oil (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- Arrange the turnip greens, withdrawing the stiff stems.
- Cut them and put them in a bowl.
- Blanch the greens with hot water and then rinse them in cold water.
- Pour a little olive oil in a pan and add the garlic with the peel and bay leaf.
- Fry until the garlic starts to get golden.
- Remove it from the pan.
- Heat the 3 cups of water.
- Add the rice to the oil and fry over low heat.
- Stir to fry evenly.
- When the rice is fried, add the hot water.
- Stir, season with a pinch of salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the turnip greens and serve immediately as soon as the rice is cooked.
- Serve with fried swordfish.