Crepes can be served with sweet toppings or savory toppings. They are light in texture, similar to a tortilla. This recipe for Mole and Mushroom Crepes is a decadent dinner option. It is 410 calories of cheesy, gooey, and spicy flavors. Ingredients include flour, sugar, eggs, milk, butter, salt, mushrooms, onions, Monterey jack cheese, and mole sauce.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons butter (softened)
- 1 cup mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup onions (diced)
- 2 cups cheese (., white string cheese or Monterey jack cheese)
- mole sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix flour, sugar, eggs, milk, 1 tablespoon of melted butter, and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic film and let it sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Add remaining butter into a nonstick pan. Heat the pan on medium-low heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the crepe batter into the pan, make sure to quickly move the pan around so that the batter extends itself out and becomes thin.
- When the sides are cooked, carefully separate the crepe from the pan with a spatula and flip it over. Cook the other side for another 30 seconds. Repeat this process for remaining crepes.
- Saute the mushrooms and onions for approximately 5 minutes.
- Place some cheese, mushroom and onion on 1/2 of the crepe and fold it in half to close it up. Repeat with all remaining crepes.
- Place the filled crepes into a casserole dish and pour mole sauce on them. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on the crepes.
- Place the casserole dish in the oven to cook for five minutes. Serve warm.
PER SERVING *
|Calories410Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.