- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 20 pounds turkey (at room temperature)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Combine butter, herbs and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring bourbon, apple cider, sugar, molasses and soy sauce to a boil then reduce heat to medium-high and simmer for 5 mins, or until reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Place turkey on a rack in a roasting pan. Season cavity then rub butter mixture evenly over skin. Truss turkey then roast, brushing with molasses glaze and pan juices, for 3 hours, or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reads 170°F.