- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Mayonnaise Dressing with Olive Oil
- 1 large egg
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 0black pepper
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot and add 3 Tbsp. salt. Set up an ice bath next to the stove top. Cook the pasta to 2 minutes short of the package instructions and then remove to ice bath and chill. Drain and toss with vegetable oil.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a separate pot, melt the butter. Whisk in the flour, nutmeg and paprika and stir for about 5 minutes. Make sure it's free of lumps. Whisk in the milk; bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until smooth and creamy. Remove from heat and allow to cool 10 minutes.
- Stir the Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Mayonnaise Dressing with Olive Oil, the egg and all but 1/2 cup of the grated cheddar into the cooled sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Gently stir the cooked and cooled penne into the cheese mixture and pour into a 2-qt. casserole dish. Top with remaining cheddar.
- In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs and Parmesan and then add the olive oil and toss until the texture of moist sand. Spread bread crumb mixture over top of casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes until bubbling inside with a golden brown crust on top. Remove from oven and allow to rest a few minutes before serving.
|Calories1210Calories from Fat570|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat570|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
sara s. 2 Dec 2016
Uhhhhh pretty gross the dressing should have told me it was a bad idea but I tried it bc it was Mario's recipe. Lol. Not my style at all