Muffins are a hearty and flavorful way to bring smiles to your family members' faces. If you make these Moist Nougat and Fig Muffins with Spicy Syrup for your family, you will be the star of for the day. These sweet and savory muffins are packed with delicious ingredients, such as fresh cream, white nougat cream and figs. Be sure to serve them up warm with the hot syrup sprinkled on top.
- 2 eggs
- 70 grams sugar
- 70 grams white flour
- 30 grams buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon cream (white nougat)
- 130 grams melted butter (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon cream (fresh)
- 30 grams ground almonds
- 5 figs
- 50 grams sugar
- water (15 cl.)
- 2 star anise
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- In a bowl beat the eggs with the sugar, add the flours, nougat cream, melted butter, cream, and almonds.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Pour the batter into muffin molds to 2/3 full.
- Cut the figs in 6 pieces.
- Place the pieces of figs in the batter pushing gently.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- To prepare the syrup, in a saucepan, add all the ingredients and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes.
- When the muffins are cooked, take them out of the oven, place on a wire rack, and sprinkle the surface with hot syrup.