Moist Chocolate CakeRecetas del Señor Señor
Here's a simple chocolate cake that can be ready to eat in a little over an hour. The airy batter includes unsweetened cocoa powder, so be sure to use a good quality brand, and chocolate chips, which are first tossed in flour to keep them from sinking during baking--and which melt slightly in the oven, making the cake exceptionally moist. Serve the cake warm from the oven, dusted with powdered sugar--or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 125 grams butter (room temperature)
- 150 grams sugar
- 3 eggs
- 30 grams cocoa powder
- 100 grams cake flour
- 25 grams corn starch
- 6 grams baking powder
- 75 grams chocolate chips
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Start by placing the softened butter and sugar into a bowl. Beat either by hand or with an electric mixer until a light-colored creamy mixture has formed.
- 3Add the eggs one by one without stopping the mixer.
- 4Sift together the cocoa, flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. Add little by little into the wet mixture until well incorporated.
- 5Before the dry ingredients are completely mixed in, add the chocolate chips. The flour coating the chocolate will help them to not sink to the bottom of the cake.
- 6Grease and flour an 18-centimeter cake pan.
- 7Pour the batter out into the pan, and bake for 45 minutes. Check to see if it is done by piercing the center with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
PER SERVING *
|Calories650Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.