- 3 green plantains (wholes)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 pound pork rind (crisp fried)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup chicken broth (or sancocho broth)
- Peel plantains. Cut into one inch slices and sprinkle with half of salt.
- Heat oil (350 degrees if you are using a deep fryer). Add plantain slices and fry for 10-15 minutes but do not brown. Drain on paper towel.
- In a mortar and pestle, crush garlic cloves and sprinkle with salt, add olive oil to the mixture, some broth and keep pounding.
- Crush a portion of the fried plantains slices and the pork. Add some of the garlic and olive oil mixture, some more broth and keep pounding.
- Spoon the mixture and shape into two inch balls. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you use all the ingredients.
- Place in oven pan and keep warm until you are ready to serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories270Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Mofongo & Fried Pork ChopsSimply Stacie
Mofongo Recipe (Garlic and pork mashed plantains)Aunt Clara's Kitchen
Mofongo con Salsa de Tomate (Mashed Plantains with Tomato Sauce)Saveur
Mojito Mayo DipHellmann's
Puerto Rican Mofongo Relleno (Green Plantains Stuffed wtih Meat, Paleo, AIP)The Curious Coconut
Mofongo Puerto Rican Style PlantainsBeautyandtheFoodie.com
Honey Mustard Chicken FingersHellmann's
Mofongo Relleno (mashed plantains with shrimp and red pepper sauce)Food Fidelity
Plantain Mash (Mofongo) w Puerto Rican ShrimpJust a Pinch
Mofongo, A Traditional Afro-Puerto Rican DishDemand Africa
Margarita's Creole Chicken-Stuffed MofongoBon Appétit
Mofongo Cups with Chicken Mango SaladFood52
Mofongo Recipe (Garlic-Flavored Mashed Plantains)Aunt Clara's Kitchen
Sweet Potato Mofongo with Sofrito ShrimpSlow Burning Passion