Flan is both sweet and savory. It is creamy and spongy. It takes time to make, with cooking time about and hour and then it needs to be refrigerated for about six hours. But once you bite into it, you will be taken to a dreamy confectionary place. This Mocha Flan provides your palate with the decadence of mocha chocolate and the creamy confections of the flan. With nine ingredients, it is a win for any occasion.
- 200 grams chocolate
- 15 ounces condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 eggs (beaten)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons tequila (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Add the chocolate to a food processor and grind into a powder.
- Add the condensed milk, milk, sugar, coffee, and cinnamon stick to a large pot on medium-high heat. When the milk begins to boil, lower the heat and add the chocolate.
- Mix everything and let the mixture cook on low heat until it begins to boil again. Turn off the stove and allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
- Mix the eggs, vanilla, and tequila in a separate bowl. Add this to the chocolate mixture little by little while mixing everything together slowly.
- Once everything is completely mixed, pour the mixture into 6 small glass bowls.
- Heat up some water in a pot and bring to a simmer. Add the water to a shallow baking sheet.
- Place the glass bowls on the baking sheet and place the tray in the oven and let everything bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven allow the flan to cool. Place the glass bowls in the the refrigerator. Let the flan sit in the refrigerator for 6 hours before serving.
|Calories440Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.