- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 600 grams button mushrooms (halved)
- 4 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 20 pitted dates (fresh)
- 20 blanched almonds
- 10 bacon rashers (streaky, halved)
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 pinch caster sugar
- 6 anchovy fillets
- 1 red chilli (sliced)
- 2 avocados (stone removed, peeled and sliced)
- Heat 4 tbsp oil in a frying pan, add the garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes add the mushrooms and fry, stirring for 5-6 minutes until soft. Season then deglaze the pan with vinegar and sprinkle with parsley. Set aside and keep warm.
- Stuff each date with an almond then wrap with half a piece of bacon. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan, add the dates and fry for 5-6 minutes, turning, until the bacon is golden and crisp. Keep warm.
- Leave the raisins to soak in hot water for 2-3 minutes. Drain. Toast the pine nuts in a small pan without oil for 2-3 minutes, until golden. Remove from the pan. Meanwhile, mix the lemon juice, vinegar and sugar together and season. Whisk 2 tbsp oil into the dressing gradually, until smooth.
- Roll each anchovy up around a piece of chili. Arrange the avocado and anchovies on a plate, sprinkle with raisins and nuts then drizzle with dressing. Serve.
|Calories590Calories from Fat490|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat490|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.