- 1 pound dried figs (chopped)
- 3 ounces dried apples (chopped)
- 6 ounces dried peaches (chopped)
- 1 lemon (zested and juiced)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 1/2 pounds granulated sugar (approximately)
- 7 teaspoons pectin (apple)
- Combine dried fruit, 4 cups water, lemon zest and cinnamon sticks. Cover and set aside overnight.
- Transfer mixture to a large saucepan. Add 2 cups water and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10-15 mins, until fruit has softened.
- Weigh mixture. Measure out an equal amount of sugar and add to fruit mixture. Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil and cook, without stirring, for 40-45 mins.
- Add apple pectin and boil for 5-10 mins, until jam sets to a gel when tested (place a spoonful of jam onto a cold plate the set aside for 5 mins). Remove from heat and let cool.