- 9 ounces biscotti (about 12-13, crushed, plus extra to decorate)
- 11 tablespoons butter (melted, plus extra for greasing)
- 1 pound frozen mixed berries (2/3 of it defrosted)
- 4 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 2/3 cups cream cheese
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons almond liqueur
- 3 tablespoons powdered gelatin
- Grease a 9 inch spingform cake pan and line the bottom with a parchment round. Mix the crushed biscotti and butter together and spoon into the prepared pan. Using the back of a spoon, pack down to form a crust. Chill for 30 mins.
- Purée and pass the defrosted berries through a sieve to remove the any small seeds. Add to a mixing bowl with the 2 1/2 cups heavy cream, cream cheese, 1/3 cup the sugar and the almond liqueur. Combine using electric beaters.
- Sprinkle 3 tbsp gelatin into a small bowl with 9 tbsp cold water. Leave to soak for 10 mins and then melt by placing the bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Meanwhile whip the remaining cream until stiff peaks begin to form. Fold the gelatine into the cream, then fold the cream through the berry cream cheese mixture. Pour on top of the biscotti base and chill for 4 hours until set.
- For the topping, Sprinkle 1 1/2 tsp gelatin into a small bowl with 2 tbsp cold water. Leave to soak for 10 mins and then melt by placing the bowl over a pan of simmering water. Meanwhile, place the frozen berries, 1/3 cup sugar, and 1/3 cup water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then add to the gelatin and stir to combine. Allow to cool to room temperature. Pour over the cheesecake and chill for 2 hours to set. Decorate with biscotti.
PER SERVING *
|Calories620Calories from Fat490|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat490|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.