- 1 1/2 cups rye flour
- 2 cups all purpose flour (+ 2 tbsp)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons poppy seeds (ground)
- 1 avocado (flesh removed)
- 1 cup oil
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 13 1/2 ounces coconut milk (the coconut milk separated from the cream)
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- 1/2 pound mixed berries (e.g., strawberries, black currants, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease and line a 10 x 14 inch shallow baking pan with parchment paper. Mix the flours, baking powder and poppy seeds in a bowl. Place the avocado flesh into a food processor. Add the oil and 1 1/2 cups sugar. Blend until smooth. Mix into the flour mixture along with 1/2 the coconut milk and stir. Add the remaining coconut milk and mix until just combined. Place the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 40 mins until just firm to the touch. Leave in the pan for 10 mins then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, boil the apple juice in a saucepan until reduced to 4 tbsp. Blend the custard powder with 1 tbsp of the reduced juice and add back into the pan with the remaining sugar. Cook, stirring until thickened. Stir in the fruit and set aside to cool.
- To finish, whisk the coconut cream with the powdered sugar and spread over the cake. Spoon the fruits on top, cut into squares and serve.
|Calories280Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.