- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 280 grams carrots (grated)
- 3 teaspoons chilli powder (mild or hot, according to your taste)
- 400 cans chopped tomatoes
- 400 cans water (pulses in, drained)
- 6 tortillas (smalls wholemeal)
- 200 grams low-fat natural yogurt
- 50 grams mature cheddar cheese (extra-, or veg alternative, finely grated)
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Cook the onions and carrots for 5-8 mins until soft - add a splash of water if they start to stick. Sprinkle in the chilli powder and cook for 1 min more. Pour in the tomatoes and pulses and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 5-10 mins, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Remove from the heat and season well.
- Heat grill to high. Spread a spoonful of the bean chilli over a large ovenproof dish. Lay each tortilla onto a board, fill with a few tbsp of chilli mixture, fold over the ends and roll up to seal. Place them into the ovenproof dish. Spoon the remaining chilli on top.
- Mix the yogurt and grated cheese together with some seasoning, and spoon over the enchiladas. Grill for a few mins until the top is golden and bubbling.
- Serve with a green salad.