The southern cheese cookies/crackers/or biscuits, whichever you choose to call them are much more than just a delicious snack. Recipe from http://www.ohsweetbasil.com/2012/11/southern-cheese-crackers-2.html
- 1 cup margarine (land o' lakes, room temperature)
- 2 cups Kraft Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese (grated, room temperature)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- let cheese and margarine come to room temperature. place the grated cheese in a food processor and cream until it forms a ball. you can cream by hand, but it's going to take longer.
- in a standing mixer add the margarine and turn on the mixer. cream the margarine until smooth and then add the cheese by breaking off bit by bit until you have used all of the cheese. the mixture should now be smooth and resemble frosting.
- sift the flour into the mixing bowl. using a fine mesh strainer, add the rice krispies cereal and shake to remove any small pieces of the cereal. add the cereal to the mixing bowl, and stir to combine.
- drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased baking sheets, or use a pastry bag to pipe little quarter sized dollops.
- bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. here in utah it only took 12-15 minutes. spread out on paper towel to absorb any excess grease and enjoy!
- RECIPE FROM http://www.ohsweetbasil.com/2012/11/southern-cheese-crackers-2.html
PER SERVING *
|Calories680Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.