Miso Soup With Squid DumplingsKooking
You have been invited to a party or potluck and you want to provide the perfect palate pleasing appetizer. This recipe for Miso soup with squid dumplings combines the rich and delicious flavors that will melt in your mouth. These savory cakes are packed with flavor and make the perfect party appetizer. Be sure to pick these ingredients up the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your friends with your culinary skills.
- 800 milliliters dashi (basic Japanese sea stock)
- 10 grams seaweed (wakame)
- 4 tablespoons white miso (or red)
- 500 grams squid
- bread crumbs
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 liter water
- 20 grams seaweed (desiccated kombu)
- 20 grams dried bonito flakes (katsuobushi)
- 1Prepare the Dashi by soaking the kombu seaweed strips in 1 liter of water to hydrate.
- 2After that, put the water with the kombu seaweed in a saucepan over high heat.
- 3Just before the water starts boiling, remove the kombu seaweed from the water.
- 4Let the water boil for 1 more minute, then turn off the heat.
- 5Add the bonito flakes to the water and let them infuse for 15 minutes.
- 6After resting, the flakes will have sunk to the bottom.
- 7Strain the broth into a bowl and save it.
- 8Grind the squid in a food processor, add salt and pepper, and if necessary, add a little breadcrumbs to form dumplings.
- 9Simmer the broth in the pan over low heat. Pour part of the dashi broth into a separate bowl and dissolve the miso paste.
- 10Meanwhile, add the wakame seaweed to the broth in the pan and let simmer for 2 more minutes, until it hydrates and expands.
- 11Once the miso is dissolved, pour the mixture back into the saucepan.
- 12Add the squid balls and boil for 2 more minutes.