- 150 grams shrimp (diced, 1/4 inch max.)
- 30 grams bacon fat (smoked, minced)
- 25 grams whole egg (beaten)
- 15 grams mirin
- 15 grams shiro miso
- 8 grams oyster sauce
- 3 grams cornstarch
- 0.03 grams black pepper
- 100 grams ramen noodles (JSL cooked, cut into 1-2 inch)
- 50 grams bacon (rendered small diced*)
- 5 grams green onions (shaved)
- 110 grams shiro miso (light color - soy/rice based)
- 30 grams mirin
- 40 grams granulated sugar
- 25 grams ramen noodles (deep-fried JSL)
- 15 grams sesame seeds, toasted (unhulled)
- 10 grams shallots (fried)
- 10 grams garlic (fried)
- 10 grams Sriracha sauce (flakes)
- 5 grams shiso (dried red)
- 2 grams katsuobushi (shaved/thin strips)
- rendered bacon fat (As needed)
- 1 pork (skewers)
- 3 grams glaze (miso)
- 5 shiso leaves (ribbons fresh, shaved)
- 3 grams ramen (Sesame-, Crunch)
- 1. Chill ingredients very well; also chill work bowl and blade of food processor.
- 2. Combine shrimp, bacon fat, egg, mirin, miso, oyster sauce, cornstarch and black pepper and puree until very smooth and mixture begins to pull together.
- 3. Transfer to mixing bowl; fold in the cooked ramen noodles, cooked bacon and green onions.
- 4. Portion into 10-15 gram balls (using wet hands), and mold into a rectangle shape around the double-pronged skewer.
- *Rendering Bacon: heat small sauce pan over medium-low heat. Add diced bacon, cook, stirring often until fat renders, as it gets closer to deep golden brown stir more often. There is a about 30% yield cooked bacon. so begin with 150 g. of raw bacon for the 50 g. needed above.
- 1. Heat grill over medium heat, clean and oil well.
- 2. Brush both sides of the skewers with bacon fat.
- 3. Grill skewers until they have grill marks and are cooked through.
- a. Optional: Create marks on hot grill, bake in oven as needed to complete cooking and re-heat.
- 4. Remove from grill, brush lightly with miso sauce.
- 5. Sprinkle with shiso leaves.
- 6. Then dust with sesame-ramen mixture.