- 1 pound chicken breast (cubed and marinated)
- 8 ounces soba noodles (whole wheat)
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 1 orange bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 cups purple cabbage (shredded)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 1 ginger (thumb, grated)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Add miso paste, rice vinegar and honey to a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add the chicken and toss to coat. Use your fingers. They are the best tools you have.
- Cover with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator. Let marinade at least 6 hours, overnight is even better.
- Boil a pot of water. Cook the Soba noodles as per the directions on the package.
- While the noodles are cooking heat sesame oil over medium heat.
- Using a slotted spoon or tongs place the chicken into the hot pan.
- Brown the chicken then remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Add garlic and ginger to the pan. Cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute to just heat.
- Next add the pepper and onion. Stir to mix with garlic and ginger and cook for 2-3 minutes to heat up.
- Add the cabbage. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook for 1 minute more. Notice we are cooking the vegetables for a very short period of time. I want them to retain their crunch while just being heated through.
- Mix in the chicken and remove to a plate.
- Drain the pasta.
- Add the pasta to the hot pan. Cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add back the already prepared ingredients.
- Mix well using your spatula or a set of tongs.
- Serve on either a plate or in a bowl.
PER SERVING *
|Calories210Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.