- 1 eggplant
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup soft tofu
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup milk (room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken stock powder (granulated)
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons miso
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Cut the eggplant into bite size pieces and soak in water for 5 minutes.
- Drain and pat dry.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add the eggplant pieces and brown on both sides.
- Season with garlic, salt and pepper and hold.
- To make the miso-tofu sauce, drain the tofu in a seive.
- Sift together flour and cornstarch in a microwavable bowl.
- Slowly add milk to the flour mixture.
- Microwave on medium for 2 1/2 minutes.
- Whisk the mixture to a smooth paste.
- Add butter, stock powder, and heavy cream and mix thoroughly.
- While the mixture is still hot, stir in miso and crumble the tofu into the sauce. Mix till you have a thick paste-like consistency.
- Pour half of the tofu-miso sauce into a casserole dish, cover with cooked eggplant and sprinkle half of the cheese on top.
- Pour the remaining sauce into the dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the gratin is bubbling and golden brown in color.
- Serve with rice.
|Calories400Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.