This pasta dish can be made ahead of time, adding the tomatoes and mint just before serving. Pairs well with Mediterranean Grilled Pork Roast.
- 2 cups orzo (small, rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup parsley (minced)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/3 cup fresh mint (minced)
- Cook orzo in 2 quarts boiling water until tender, about 6-8 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water, drain again, place in large bowl ans set aside. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; saute onion until tender, stirring frequently, until browned and sweet, about 15 minutes. In a large bowl, toss orzo with onion, broth, lemon juice and parsley. Cover and chill if making ahead. Bring to room temperature; stir in tomatoes and mint; season with salt and pepper to taste.