Crème brulee does not have to be a special dessert you pay a fortune for at a fancy five-star restaurant. You can easily make it at home and serve to your favorite people. And this recipe for Mint and Chocolate Crème Brulee is divine, decadent, and delicious. It does take 75 minutes to prepare, so plan accordingly. If you need something that will show off your culinary skills, then try this recipe.
- 450 grams liquid (fresh, whole cream)
- 9 egg yolks
- 140 grams sugar
- 90 grams dark chocolate
- 15 fresh mint leaves
- 50 grams light brown sugar
- In a saucepan, add fresh cream and mint leaves, bring to boil.
- Remove from heat, cover with a lid or a plate for 20 minutes to allow the mint to infuse, adding flavor to the fresh cream.
- Then remove the mint leaves.
- Preheat oven to 90 degrees Celsius.
- Put the creme brulee dishes on a baking tray.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs yolks and sugar.
- Add fresh cream, mix.
- Pour mixture through a sieve.
- Pour sieved mixture in creme brulee dishes, filled 2/3 full.
- Grate the chocolate in large chips (or not to big pieces of chocolate).
- Add to creme brulee dishes.
- Bake 60 minutes. The center of the cremes brulees will be shaky (they will freeze while chiling).
- Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Before serving, sprinkle with light brown sugar, and brown lightly with a blowtorch.
- If a cold dessert is preferred, brown 1 to 2 hours before serving.
|Calories290Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.