- 1 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 8 ounces cream cheese (Softened)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set flour mix aside.
- In your KitchenAid® Mini Mixer using your Paddle Accessory, beat the eggs for 15-20 seconds. Add sugar to eggs and continue to beat on medium speed for about 30 seconds. Add the vanilla extract and oil and continue to beat on medium speed for an additional 60 seconds.
- Reducing the mixer speed, slowly add half of the flour mixture and half of the buttermilk. Allow to incorporate into mixture, then slowly add remaining flour mixture and remaining buttermilk. Beat until fully incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl to make sure all ingredients are combined. The batter should be thin.
- Pour batter into a lined muffin pan, filling each well to about 1/2 full.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove and let cool
- In your KitchenAid® Mini Mixer using your Whisk Accessory, beat the heavy whipping cream until thick, fluffy, and spreadable (about 1-2 minute). Transfer to another bowl.
- Add cream cheese and powdered sugar to the Mixer bowl, whisking together slowly at first then at medium speed. Once combined, add the vanilla extract and beat for another 20 seconds.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Chill until ready to frost the cooled cupcakes.