Impress your guests with these sweet and tangy mini-tartlets. Onion confit gives a sweet and savory taste, complimented by the 3 tart and creamy cheeses (especially the goat cheese, which is known for its sour zing). Place a fit atop each mini-tartlet for an aesthetic appeal, as well as an earthy deep richness. Each bite-sized tartlet is filled with a tangy, sweet, smooth center; a palette pleasing appetizer to start off any dinner.
- 1 shortcrust pastry (or puff)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 jar confit (onion)
- 1 jar figs (candied)
- Preheat oven to 410F.
- Roll out the dough and use a glass to cut out the tartlet circles.
- Place the dough circles on baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Beat the egg yolk with a little milk and glaze each circle with this mixture.
- Put 1 teaspoon of confit and 1 small piece of cheese on each tart.
- Garnish with 1 candied fig.
- Bake for 10 minutes.